1. Countries qualified for the 24/144-hour Visa-free Transit in Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Capital International Airport now (since Dec. 28, 2017) adopts 144-hour visa-free transit to the holders of passports issued by the following 53 countries:Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Macedonia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Republic of Montenegro, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

According to our experience, some of the countries are not belong to the 144-hours visa free countries, but if your layover time within 24 hours in Beijing, you still can obtain the visa free for 24 hours. Such as: India, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Norway, Columbia, Malaysia, Ecuador.

2. Restrictions of the 24/144-hour Visa-free Transit

It only applies to passengers who transit through Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing. The destination and place of departure cannot be the same.(e.g Auckland – Beijing – Auckland).

3. About how to go through the “visa free access” at Beijing airport

Please see details at: https://www.beijinglayovertour.com/beijing-layover-tour-tips/.

Even you fit all the policies above, the immigration officers still have right to object you for some reasons (sometimes they will tell you the reason sometimes they don’t).

If you want to be 100% sure, please apply for the visa in advance in Chinese Embassy.

We found some reasons that cause you can not obtain the Visa-free.

1. The validity of your passport less than 3 months.

2. Worked or been to Iraq, Turkey.

There must be more reasons but we just don’t know yet. (The latest update on Apr. 24, 2018)

As a tour company, if we agree to arrange tour for you that is means your flights information, layover time and your nationality fit the visa free policy requirements.

But there are still some other issues might happen that might cause you can not obtain the visa-free or can not get out of the airport.

We don’t take any responsibility if it happens. And according to our refund policy, we will deduct our tour guide and driver airport transfer cost accordingly and refund the rest of tour fee to you. (Most companies are non-refundable)

Hope for your understanding!

182 comments on “Visa-free Policy

1. Divya says:

is the 24hr transit visa applicable to Kunming as well? do you have day tours for Kunming and Beijing? can you send me the details please? What time do the tours start?

Hi Divya,

About Kunming visa-free policy, you’d better contact Chinese Embassy to confirm. We do not have tours in Kunming. Sorry about that!

2. Divya says:

Hi, I have an Indian Passport and I am traveling from US to Australia with layover in Beijing or Guangzhou, will I need a visa? or do I qualify for the 72-hourvisa free transit. I dont think so but I just wanted to confirm.

Hi Divya,

If you layover in Beijing or Guangzhou within 24 hours, you will not need the visa.

3. Macy says:

Hi,
    I am a travelling to Mongolia from Seoul. My flight is on Jul 27th and will arrive in Beijing at 9:40 in the morning. My connecting flight to Mongolia will be at 9:10 in the evening. Roughly I have a 10-hour layover. is it possible to join a group tour to Great wall? Also, I am a Philippine passport holder but I am currently living in Korea as a student. Will I need a visa for the transit? Will I need a visa to go on a day tour to The Great Wall?

Thank you in advance. More power!

4. Tracy Williams says:

Hi, just want to clarify if travelling from Thailand to Beijing with layover and tour to Great Wall in China, will I be required to get Visa to leave airport for tour, or will my passport work?
    Sorry if this is a copy of another inquiry.
    Thanks

5. Emma says:

Hello – I just wanted to clarify the visa policy, as the phrasing I read online looked like you had to be flying to a Chinese destination. If I am flying from Japan to London, am I allowed into China for the visa free travel? Is it the same rule for the 72hr and 144hr transit allowances? I am a U.K. citizen.

Thanks so much for your help!

Emma

Hi Emma,

If you fly from Japan to London and stop Beijing on the way, so you would not need a Chinese visa. And this situation is suitable for the 72 hours visa free policy.

6. Thuy says:

I will arrive at 5am in Beijing. My friend would like to do a tour to the great wall and other places. How does this work? My flight leaves at 5pm to Tokyo. I would like to be at the airport by 3pm.

7. Leah santos says:

I booked my ticket today and I just wondering if do I need to get a visa if I have my layover in Beijing? Philippines passport holder. Thank you. Your reply is highly appreciated.

Hi Leah,

Normally the Philippines passport holder can get through the immigration smoothly without visa within 24 hours layover. But it happens sometimes not allowed. We have no idea what is the reason and we can not control it.

8. razi says:

when i arrived at Beijing Airport can i availed your service on Beijing Airport for tours or sites and paid your services charges by hand.

Hi Razi,

Please book the tour before you landing Beijing, then we will have time to arrange your tour. If you book the tour when you in Beijing, we will no time to send our guide and driver to meet you.

9. Aliza says:

Hello, I have a 14 hour layover (0100-1500) in Beijing with a group of 18 (3 adults and 15 students). What is the possibility of a tour to either the Great Wall or the Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square? Thank you!

Hi Aliza,

According to your layover time, you can do the Great Wall or Tiananmen Square/Forbidden City layover tour. We just sent you an email about detailed itineraries and prices, please check it out.