1. Countries qualified for the 24/144-hour Visa-free Transit in Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Capital International Airport now (since Dec. 28, 2017) adopts 144-hour visa-free transit to the holders of passports issued by the following 53 countries:Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Macedonia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Republic of Montenegro, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

According to our experience, some of the countries are not belong to the 144-hours visa free countries, but if your layover time within 24 hours in Beijing, you still can obtain the visa free for 24 hours. Such as: India, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Norway, Columbia, Malaysia, Ecuador.

2. Restrictions of the 24/144-hour Visa-free Transit

It only applies to passengers who transit through Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing. The destination and place of departure cannot be the same.(e.g Auckland – Beijing – Auckland).

3. About how to go through the “visa free access” at Beijing airport

Please see details at: https://www.beijinglayovertour.com/beijing-layover-tour-tips/.

Even you fit all the policies above, the immigration officers still have right to object you for some reasons (sometimes they will tell you the reason sometimes they don’t).

If you want to be 100% sure, please apply for the visa in advance in Chinese Embassy.

We found some reasons that cause you can not obtain the Visa-free.

1. The validity of your passport less than 3 months.

2. Worked or been to Iraq, Turkey, Pakistan.

There must be more reasons but we just don’t know yet. (The latest updated on Jan. 2, 2019)

As a tour company, if we agree to arrange tour for you that is means your flights information, layover time and your nationality fit the visa free policy requirements.

But there are still some other issues might happen that might cause you can not obtain the visa-free or can not get out of the airport.

We don’t take any responsibility if it happens. And according to our refund policy, we will deduct our tour guide and driver airport transfer cost accordingly and refund the rest of tour fee to you. (Most companies are non-refundable)

Hope for your understanding!

184 comments on “Visa-free Policy

Hi Tatiana,

Thank you for asking!

Sorry, your arrival time is too late, we do not have tours at that time.

1. Brad says:

Hello. I’m a US citizen and will have a 9 hour layover on Dec 27. Arriving at 11:20am, and departing 9:00pm. I’d like to inquire about the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square layover tour. I’m travelling alone and I dont want to spend the 1 person rate. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Brad,

According to your layover time, you will have plenty of time to visit Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. But we do not have group tours to Forbidden City on Dec. 27, 2016. Only private tours available. Sorry about that!

2. Antonio Romeo says:

In few weeks i will transit to Beijing on my way to bangkok, and i m planning to apply for the 72 hours transit visa. I will depart from Czech Republic. I have ticket to Beijing, to bangkok as well but not back home, since i m planning to visit southeast asia for I don’t know how long. Is that ok for applying for transit visa?

Antonio

3. Allan says:

Hi, My wife, son and I are Philippine passport holders travelling to the USA this Dec 26. We have an overnight layover of about 21 hours in Beijing. If we want to get a layover tour, do we need to have entry visa? How much does hotel/tour cost for all three of us? Thanks

Hi Allan,

The Philippines is not belong to the 72-hour visa-free countries. But according to our experience, you still can get out of airport if you layover in Beijing within 24 hours. And we will email you a Description Letter in Chinese after you book the tour, please show to the customs officer. It will help you to get through easier.

Please provide us your arrival & departure time, then we will make a tour itinerary for you.

4. Erica says:

Hello! My husband and I are arriving into Beijing at 14:25 on a Friday and then leave at 00:15. Do you offer an evening tour that works with these times?

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your asking!

According to your layover time, I recommend you visit Hutongs and Tiananmen Square. Since other attractions will be closed in the late afternoon. No place is better to read the Old Beijing than in the Hutong, where old Beijingers lived and are still lived by local people. Besides, tour in Shichahai Lake and several cultural relics and ancient buildings along the Hutong area is also included.

We just sent an email about detailed itinerary and price, please check it out.

5. Anna Garland says:

Hi
    I will be landing in Beijing at 7:30 pm on Nov. 18th from Mongolia headed home to Canada. I have an overnight stay and leaving Beijing for home at 2:30 pm on the 19th. Wondering if it would be possible to see the “Wall” early morning on the 19th from an airport hotel and be back to the airport for 12 noon. I’m not sure which hotel yet but it will be an airport hotel.
    Can you tell me how much will the trip cost?
    Thanks anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your asking.

Yes, we can pick you up from your hotel on Nov. 19, 2016 morning, then take you to visit Great Wall. And we will transfer you back to airport after the tour. We just sent an email to you, please check.

6. Crystal says:

Hello – if I have two 8 hour layovers in Beijing can I obtain entry (VISA) to China twice? 1st layover Feb 3 (Los Angeles-Beijing-Bangkok) the 2nd layover Feb 18 (Phuket-Beijing-Los Angeles)
    I wanted to do 3 tours Great Wall, Forbidden City & Pandas. Is it possible to see all 3 in the two layovers?

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you can get temporary visa twice at Beijing airport. Many our previous clients did two layover tours with us. Could you please provide us your flight times? Then we will know if you have time to do these tours.

7. Vincent says:

Hi! I’m a Philippine Passport Holder with a US Permanent Residency card (green card) and will be travelling with my mom who is a Philippine Passport holder with a valid US Visitor’s visa. We have a 15-hour layover in Beijing (Houston-Beijing-Manila). I was wondering if my mom needs to apply for a transit visa ahead of time. Much thanks.

Hi Vincent,

You can apply for a temporary visa when you arrive in Beijing airport. Would you like to book a layover tour?

8. Sanjay Deshpande says:

hi,
    I am travelling to India from Auckland in Nov 16. I am on Indian passport, can I get a transit visa to visit city etc.? If so what is the cost? Can I apply for transit visa online before arriving?

Thanks

Hi Sanjay,

Since the Indian is not belongs to “72 Hours Visa-free” 51 countries. If you would like to take a layover tour, please apply the Chinese entry visa from your local Chinese embassy before you landing Beijing.